"I'd rather die enormous, than live dormant" -Jay Z

Monday, June 21, 2010

Pour Us A Road

Day 9 on the bike and build journey. We have traveled through 3 states (heading to our 4th tomorrow)and we have climbed 2 mountains. I can honestly say that in all my years of sports, hiking,and exercise in general, I have never physically exherted myself this much. When people say it is 90% mental and 10% physical, they aren't lying. When the sun is sweltering on the climb and your camelpak weighs 10lbs and your legs won't move, all you have to work with is your mind. Fortunately, I am blessed with the support of a great team who are nothing but encouraging. For those of you who know me, positivity doesn't come easily to me. In the past nine days I have learned more from people than some learn in a lifetime (not to be cheesey).

I wish I could describe the feeling of decending a mountain 45 mph on a bike or the satisfaction after completing a 80 mile day but I can't. Just go try it.

Time to go pump my tires and go to bed. pennsylvania tomorrow because "we on to the next one"

No comments:

Post a Comment